2007 POWER BROKERS AWARD
"When people ask me what I do for a living, my answer is simple, I SOLVE PROBLEMS.
I'm a businessman who deals in real estate and understands how to successfully
complete transactions in the real world." Simply put, I help people make money and
help them solve the real estate challenges they encounter.
Joel B. Miller
Perishable Management Services
Having served as President and Chief Operating Officer in two different fields,
I bring to the table over five decades of successful entrepreneurial experience
in the industrial / commercial real estate brokerage field and in the food
manufacturing / distribution industry.
As the sole proprietor of Perishable Management Services, I provide individualized
attention. Exclusive listings are limited, allowing me to offer hands-on representation.
As an industry expert, I can also quickly target your needs, helping to eliminate wasted
hours of real estate tours that barely reflect your requirements. My perspective has
been developed from running businesses, interacting at the highest levels with senior
management and through experience in the urban / industrial marketplace, based on
extensive industry experience and business relationships.
A successful real estate transaction is a team effort between the real estate
professional and the client. I make this experience productive by offering:
See Featured Property Listings or
Recent Transactions to learn more, or Contact Joel to get
- A thorough understanding of client needs.
- Deep knowledge of the operational needs of businesses and the facilities that
- The proven ability to research, locate, and broker prime real estate.
- Extensive experience in environmental situations (MA General Law Chapter 21E)
and zoning issues, both in the industrial inner-city and the suburban markets.
- An ongoing relationship with all major real estate companies and independent
real estate offices.
1986 -- Present: President of Perishable Management Services (PMS)
1967--1986: President and COO, United Beef Company, Inc., Boston, MA 02118
- Real estate brokerage: industrial & commercial
- Sales & acquisitions for food-related businesses
- Employment of 150 people in two plants
- Annual sales approaching $70 million dollars
- Weekly tonnage of nearly 1.5 million pounds
1967 - 1978: Member of the Board of Directors of The Massachusetts
Wholesale Food Terminal
1978 - 1986: Member of the Board of Directors of the New Boston
Food Market Development Corporation
1976 - Present: Co-founder and Board of Director of Newmarket
1987 - Present: Member of the Greater Boston Real Estate Board (CBA)
1997 - Present: Member of the Board of Directors of Albert A. Pope Building, Boston, MA
2007 - COSTAR GROUP: 2007 POWER BROKERS AWARD
1963 - 1967 Boston University, School of Management, Boston, MA.
1967 - 1974 U.S. Army Reserves
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration
1986 - Present: Continuing education in real estate
Contact Joel Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill
out an information form to have him contact you.